The 3rd Dhammachai Dhutanga Project on the Path of the Mara conqueror, the Most Ven. Phramongkolthepmuni (Sod Candasaro)
To Worship Lord Buddha, to inherit Buddhist culture, Restore People’s Mind and bring Big Merit to the country
The 3rd Dhammachai Dhutanga
1. Principles and Reasons
As a consequence of the cooperation of monks across Thailand, the Committee of Religion, Art, and Culture of the House of Representatives of Thailand, Buddhist organizations, public and private sectors, and over 40 associate organizations agreed to arrange the 1st Dhammachai Dhutanga Project during January 2nd – 25th, 2012 and the 2nd Dhammachai Dhutanga Project during January 2nd – 27th, 2013. The roaming monks walked through 7 provinces, e.g. Ayutthaya, Suphan Buri, Nakhon Pathom, Samut Sakhon, Pathum Thani, Nonthaburi and Bangkok in order to worship Lord Buddha and celebrate the 2600th Buddha Jayanti (the 2600th Enlightenment Anniversary of Lord Buddha), to restore people’s mind and bring big merit to the country. The feedback of these projects from all sectors was very good.
Therefore, the project committee agreed to rearrange this project during January 2nd – 28th, 2014 and will be participated by 1,129 monks from the entire country. This is to give students and people an opportunity to welcome the roaming monks and purify the mind to revive morality, be freed from danger and obstacles, be given auspiciousness, and will power. This activity will also motivate the students and people to take part of social activities to elevate their spirits and minds with morality, revive the Buddhist culture in houses, temples and schools sustainably, teach them to be humble according to the Dhamma principle “Apacayana-maya” by which Thai societies will become peaceful and long-lasting due to Lord Buddha’s Dhamma Power.
2.1 To worship Lord Buddha, inherit the Buddhist culture, restore people’s minds and bring big merit to the country.
2.2 To make and develop junior role models of morality who hold the basic virtue and are true Buddhists; and construct a group or network of these junior role models, to dedicate this merit to the king and to worship Lord Buddha.
2.3 To strengthen the morality of house-temple-school networks in all social levels of the entire country
2.4 To restore the beautiful culture of Buddhism in Thailand as befits the center of the world’s Buddhism, chosen internationally.
2.5 To revive the moral trend, to construct will power and auspiciousness of people
3. The expected Results
1. To give Thai people an opportunity to perform big merit altogether and realize their Buddhist duties, by which the country will be decorated with a magnificent image that grows faith in seers’ hearts and then the world’s morality will be revived.
2. The network of junior role models of morality who hold basic virtue and are true Buddhists will be constructed.
3. In all social levels, the house-temple-school networks will be created and will strengthen morality.
4. The educational institutes will have power to manage the ethical works continuously and concretely.
5. The beautiful culture of Buddhism will be brought back to the Thai society, along with the lifted moral standard of Thai and international adolescents and adults.
6. Virtue will be instilled in people’s minds, which will bless their lives and motivate them to perform good deeds for self and the country.